(SEPTEMBER 5 - NOVEMBER 5, 2023)
ELEKTRA is an international organization dedicated to contemporary digital art, based in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. We focus on presenting works at the intersection of contemporary art and new technologies. Founded in 1999, the ELEKTRA festival showcases unique international performances in digital art. Since 2012, ELEKTRA has produced the International Digital Art Biennial (BIAN), which emphasizes exhibitions, installations, and public art. Opened in 2019, the ELEKTRA Gallery highlights local and international artistic discoveries, with a focus on premieres and exclusives in contemporary digital art. ELEKTRA is also an international distributor of digital creation, having directed or collaborated with renowned institutions in organizing exhibitions, events, and professional networking activities that enable artists to export their works within international art networks. In the fall of 2023, ELEKTRA will present the 21st edition of its festival.
ELEKTRA is looking for an intern to assist the Communications Director before, during and after the festival. He/she will be required to work on every facet of multiple projects, including website management, communication campaigns and partnership follow-up. Their involvement, creativity and fresh ideas will be invaluable to the organisation of events.
Internship period: September 5 - November 3, 2023.
Responsibilities and tasks: COMMUNICATION & E-MARKETING
• Taking part in creative briefs to define the visual identity of the 21st Festival
• Monitoring the design of communication media (graphic designer’s brief, monitoring corrections, dispatch/printing)
• Helping to adapt print and digital media
• Helping to write communication reports and summaries
• Providing general support to the team in organising activities, taking an active part in production meetings and the Festival.
• Updating the website
• Integrating content and metadata to boost SEO
• Managing social networks - developing the social network strategy (helping to find content - GIFs, videos, photos)
• Student or recent graduate in communications/marketing/events
• Knowledge of the Adobe suite and the Mac environment
• Interest in digital art, media arts, and new technologies.
• Excellent command of spoken and written French.
• Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken.
• Strong writing skills and attention to detail.
• Enjoy working in a team and possess good organizational skills.
• Autonomous and initiative.
• Strong sense of confidentiality and organisation.
35 hours per week in hybrid mode, combining remote work and work in our offices in Montreal - Monday to Friday, from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm, and during events.
Unpaid internship - possibility of reimbursement (monthly payment for Montreal public transportation card - STM).
Please send your CV and a brief letter of interest before August 14, 2023 at email@example.com
Interviews will start during the week of 15 August
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.