ELEKTRA is an international organization dedicated to contemporary digital art, based in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. We focus on presenting works at the intersection of contemporary art and new technologies. Founded in 1999, the ELEKTRA festival showcases unique international performances in digital art. Since 2012, ELEKTRA has produced the International Digital Art Biennial (BIAN), which emphasizes exhibitions, installations, and public art. Opened in 2019, the ELEKTRA Gallery highlights local and international artistic discoveries, with a focus on premieres and exclusives in contemporary digital art. ELEKTRA is also an international distributor of digital creation, having directed or collaborated with renowned institutions in organizing exhibitions, events, and professional networking activities that enable artists to export their works within international art networks. In the fall of 2023, ELEKTRA will present the 21st edition of its festival.
ELEKTRA is looking for a Communications Director to complete its team. Reporting to the General and Artistic
Director, the Communications Director is responsible for all ELEKTRA communications, both print and
online, and for promoting the company’s local and international activities.
• Development of communications campaigns for all ELEKTRA events (production, co-production, international
or local): benchmark, development of communications plans, deadlines, budgets and production
• Management of social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Thread, TikTok, X, Linkedin): creation of the publication
calendar for all events, writing of publications, benchmark, creation of content and setting up of
advertising (Facebook, Google);
• Responsible for cultural and media partnerships: development of agreements, monitoring of agreements
and setting up of counterparts ;
• Follow-up and relations with service providers: preparation of requests for quotations/specifications for
each event (if necessary) with photographers, graphic designers, printers, etc.;
• Press and institutional contacts: outside BIAN, preparation and updating of press lists, drafting and sending
of press releases; management of requests for articles and visits, interviews, etc. (all events combined);
• Main point of contact with institutional supporters/grantors for communications: request for words of
support, invitations to events and request for approval of communications materials, etc.;
• Print communications: press releases, press releases, etc. (all events combined). (all events combined);
Main point of contact with institutional supporters / funders for communications: requests for words of
support, invitations to events and requests for approval of communications media, etc.;
• Printed communications: choice of media and development of content for each event, contact with service
providers and follow-up until delivery (flyers, programs, vinyl, posters, roll-ups etc.);
• Newsletter: management of newsletter planning (monthly or per event), copywriting and layout on
Mailchimp, mailing to a base of 7,000 subscribers;
• Website: site management (design, tree structure), choice of web pages to be created, maintained and/
or archiving, SEO application (meta description, meta data, referencing), content selection and editing
(statistics, content, social network reports, etc.); Google Arts & Culture: collection management, creation
of image libraries and online exhibitions (‘Histoires’), under the supervision of the General and Artistic
• Recruitment: ad hoc; reception and sorting of applications, response to candidates, organization of interviews
• Management: supervision of interns (communications or graphic design) and graphic designer (drawing
up specifications, tasks, timetable);
• Sponsorship: research and contact, responsible for the Artsvest Program for ELEKTRA (if renewed in
• Administration: occasional assistance with grant applications and drafting of sections dedicated to communications
and audience development;
• Higher education in communications, marketing or other relevant field;
• Relevant experience in communications, marketing, social networking/website management;
• Ability to work independently in a dynamic environment and manage stress;
• Ability to handle emergencies and plan or modify priorities. Proactive, rigorous.
• Good knowledge of the Adobe suite (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator);
• Good knowledge of the Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• Good knowledge of Wix and/or WordPress;
• Basic knowledge of Adobe Premiere and AfterEffect;
• Relevant knowledge or experience in the fields of contemporary art, digital art, media arts and new
35 hours per week in hybrid mode, combining remote work and work in our offices in Montreal - Monday to
Friday, from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm, and during events.
Are you interested in this position? Please send your CV and covering letter before August 23, 2023 to Manon
Jousse at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.